Our students graduate with the ferociousness to dream big.
Now, we’re giving them the opportunity to power these dreams.
With the Brent Street Artist Fund, you become more than just ‘you’. You become your dreams. With the power of Brent Street, there’s simply no limit to what this fund will unlock for our graduates. A panel of industry judges will choose a Brent Street Alumni to receive $20,000 funding, which can be used to produce a show, conduct an arts event or kickstart a passion project.
The Artist Fund:
$20,000 AUD, awarded annually, to be used on an idea, concept or project such as:
- Producing a show (musical, dance or other)
- Producing a concept video
- Specific training (e.g., certified workshops or courses)
- Establishing a training facility/dance studio/arts business
- Conducting a dance event (such as workshop/experience/expo)
- Conducting metro and/or rural training or education in the arts
- Moving/training overseas (Visa, flights, accommodation etc.)
- Or any other passion projects that contributes to the arts
- have graduated from Brent Street Academy (or TDHS) or any of our Full Time courses
- be over the age of 18 years at the time of submitting an application
- be an active member of the performing arts industry
ROUND ONE – opens Friday 30th July, closes Friday 3rd September
Submit a short application outlining:
- In 150 words or less, outline your idea or concept
- In 100 words or less, explain how your plans will generate opportunities for you or the arts industry
- In 100 words or less, give examples of how the funds could be used in your idea or concept
Successful applicants will be announced on Friday 17th September and will progress to Round 2.
ROUND TWO – commences Friday 17th September
Pitch a detailed plan for your idea or concept to a panel of Brent Street staff and industry professionals, which outlines:
- Plans/Creative treatment
- Budget (may equate to more than $20,000, but must demonstrate where the grant would be used)
- Market/Competitor Analysis
From this round, semi-finalists will be chosen and announced on Friday 29th October and will progress to the final round.
ROUND THREE – commences 29th October
The semi-finalists (top 3) will present their idea, concept or project to a panel of Brent Street staff and industry professionals at our inaugural Alumni Night, held at Brent Street on Sunday 23rd January 2022. All alumni from Brent Street are invited to this event to cast a vote on their favourite project, which doubles as a social catch-up (with plenty of drinks and nibbles).
In the lead up to the Alumni Night, the semi-finalists will be assigned a business and creative mentor, who is experienced in their type of project. During the 3rd round, they’ll work alongside their mentor to refine their project, iron out any creases and piece together their presentation. They’ll also have full access to Brent Street’s resources, such as dancers to workshop some choreography, or studio space to block out a show.